DIGITAL SOLUTION - KEY FUNCTIONS
- Bin Count: Scan Qr codes of bins and count the number of bins at the yard or manually count the bins.
- Onboard Bin: Record details of a new bin that has entered the yard
- Offboard Bin: Record details of a damaged bin that is to be scrapped
- Bin Rebirth: Retire an existing QR so that the bin can be onboarded with a new QR code.
- Bin Receipt: Quality control and accept a new bin into the yard.
- Access bin related reports
- Track and update craneable bin certificates
Bingo does not reliably or readily know how many bins they have in circulation. They do not know the exact location of bins, nor the exact location they were placed on customers’ sites. They consistently track the validity of craneable certificates for craneable bins. However, this is a manual process.
At the time of the brief, Bingo had mapped out a process to generate QR codes and assign them to new and existing craneable bins.
We translated the processes outlined in the requirements document into user journeys to structure the application.
We conducted discussions with business representatives including yard site supervisors, transport supervisors and drivers to gain insight into current user behaviours, frustrations and expectations.
The front end development of the app has been completed. We are currently waiting for the internal Bingo tech team to complete their system developments to link the solutions.
Fragment of the wireframed screens used to map out the journey of tasks that are supported by the application
INTERFACE DESIGN &
Function over aesthetics approach. Clean and simplistic interface design to allow users to focus on tasks.